Thursday, May 31, 2012

Savannah and Tybee Island -- Day 7

We have now been home from vacation for four days, and I still have yet to post the photos from our last day on the beach.  I think I somehow believed that if I didn't accept it, we wouldn't have to leave and I could stay at the beach forever.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE our home, our small town, our cows, trees, fields, etc..., but if I could transplant all that to a place near the ocean, I definitely would.  I have always loved the water and the beach.  I remember telling my mom when I was little that I wanted to be a fish when I grew up, and my love of swimming and lounging near a pool or beach haven't changed as the years have passed.

All that to say, we spent our last day in Tybee by spending as much time as possible in the ocean and pool.  We didn't leave the island, ate dinner locally, and then walked through all the shops on the streets next to our condo.  Our last stop was to walk the pier, where we saw people looking for crabs on the beach, as well as a young man who catching a shark (a small 3 foot one) from off the pier.

The next morning we woke early, made breakfast, cleaned up, and left one of my favorite new vacation destinations.  As we drove through Savannah to get back to the interstate, I made sure that Jason knew this was a place I hoped we could visit again.

And Georgia has been on my mind ever since.












Thanks to both sets of our parents for making this trip happen, and both of our siblings, too, for going along and making the trip extra fun.

No comments: