Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tybee Island and Savannah -- Day 1 in Pictures

This year we decided upon a joint family vacation, meaning that Jason's parents, my parents, both our siblings, and Connor were headed to share a condo for a week on Tybee Island, a place none of us had ever visited, but heard loads about from family and friends.  

Therefore, it has been a much anticipated trip, which got underway on Friday mid-morning and is ending tonight at the condo after a dip in the (freezing) pool.

Here, in pictures, has been the last two whirlwind but wonderful days:

both my boys reading on the trip to Georgia (Alas, I get car sick when I read, so I'm a bit jealous.)



This was my first photo when we parked the car in Savannah, and as you can see below, I couldn't stop snapping pictures of the scenery and architecture.  It was love at first sight for me.







J. Christopher's, our brunch spot, and our first stop when we made it to Savannah



Dinner at Tybee Island Social Club

my crab and shrimp nachos, which I split with Linds, because she got....

the crab cakes.  Both were delightful, as evidenced by my empty plate later.

pool time

Tomorrow is church and touring Savannah.  Cannot wait!

No comments: