Monday, May 21, 2012

Tybee Island and Savannah -- Day 3

As you can tell from yesterday's photos, it was a full day in Savannah.  Therefore, today was our first day at the beach, and it couldn't have been more perfect.  It was sunny with slight breeze, and although the water was cool upon first entering, we quickly acclimated and floated around (and lounged on the beach) for much of the day.

Connor loved the ocean immensely more than the last time we went, two years ago (to Myrtle Beach).  He was content to play in the sand, build and destroy castles, run in circles, and lounge on a towel the whole morning.  He did relatively better with the water this time, too, but still seemed very apprehensive, especially to even walk near the water without someone holding him.  As much as I love the water, I hope this is a fear he will overcome.  He did eventually giggle a bit when the waves hit him (as long as I was holding him above them).

We only went out tonight for dinner, and that was to Uncle Bubba's, which was a yummy end to the night.

Here are some shots from today:






























Being at the beach reminds me how much I love it: the sand, the water, the breeze, the smell, the atmosphere.  I could swim in the ocean every day of my life and never tire of it.  If only I could have majored in Beach Bumming in college.

Despite putting on sunscreen multiple times, Linds and I somehow still managed to get burned on our upper legs (Ouch!), so although we are planning another beach day tomorrow, it may be a more cautious one.

No comments: