Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tybee Island and Savannah -- Day 6

Today has been spent much like yesterday: big, family breakfast, hanging out at the beach all morning, inside to shower and change, and then off for the evening.  Tonight we drove to Hilton Head for a sunset cruise, and we saw beautiful scenery and even some dolphins up close and personal.

Connor has made even bigger strides today with his fear of the ocean.  Today he didn't even hesitate to run up and splash right in.  He was still a little fearful when I took him in a little deeper, even with me holding him, but near the shore he was happy to play all by himself (with no whining or asking to be held).  It is amazing to see the strides he has made and how much he loves the water and waves now, as you can see in the pictures from our day below:



































I'm already sad that tomorrow is our last full day in Tybee before heading home on Saturday morning.  I love it here.  Hoping to soak up the last bit of sun and sand tomorrow by staying on Tybee all day, although I could certainly spend several more days just exploring Savannah.

I'll post my last pictures tomorrow.

No comments: