Sunday, January 8, 2012

Blessing

As we sat down to eat, Jason and I neglected to allow Connor to lead our usual blessing.  Instead, we dug right into our food.

Connor looked at me and said, "Mama, blessing?"


I apologized and told him that we would stop and say the blessing before we continued.

He, with those big blue eyes, turned to me and said, "Jesus is sad."



It is days like these that I pray extra hard that we are doing right as parents by this little boy.  I pray he never wants to make Jesus sad, and I am thankful that a two-year old can speak a sermon in a sentence.

*photo by Candice Robertson


7 comments:

Ali said...

It's so true that a child's words can just cut right through you and remind you what really matters. Have you ever read, Heaven is for real?? I wonder if Conner was like having a connection because I do think God makes himself more present to little kids. So cool.

CN said...

I've become so convicted, as I've noticed LG become more aware and knowledgeable and able to express her thoughts, with modeling Christ-like behavior. It's amazing what they're able to point out to us, even so young. Like Ali said, I also believe God makes Himself more present to little ones - He asked us to have faith like them. :) Connor has such a sweet heart.

Michelle's Style File said...

What a lovely thoughtful little boy : )

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com
GIVEAWAY

Lori said...

wow that is an amazing story. i love that he reminds you to say a prayer:)

http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful! found your through casey's link up! awesome post!

Kendra said...

What a sweeet boy you have there! And such stunning blue eyes, too!