Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vacation Food

For my last post about our trip to Alaska, I decided to compile all the photos of one of my favorite parts of vacation (and life in general), food.  If you know me, you know I not only love to cook, find new recipes and ideas, but I especially love to enjoy a good bite (actually, it's almost always multiple bites).

Below you will find some of my favorite dishes from our vacation.  Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I did consuming them.  :)

vegetable spring roll appetizer

flourless chocolate cake


yummy shrimp with asparagus and saffron rice

Bananas Foster

calamari

cream puff swans with chocolate sauce

seafood salad

lobster and prawns (one of my favorite meals of the trip)

Baked Alaska

chicken inside a yummy puff pastry

vanilla creme brulee (second favorite dessert of the trip)


crab legs

And finally, my favorite dessert of the trip...chocolate hazelnut souffle with a vanilla cream sauce.  Heavenly!
For those of you who see me out and about this summer, the above food are why my pants are a little snug...well worth it, though!  :)

No comments: