Here is the recipe from Lynn's:
1 1/2 C. Spinach (shaved)
1/2 C. Bacon (diced and crisped)
1 C. grated Jack Cheese
1/4 C. diced tomatoes
1/4 C. Red Onion - diced and gently sauteed
1 plate Idaho Russet hash brown potatoes
However, I created my own take, with a few minor changes, depending on what I have available in the pantry at the time ( For example, I didn't have fresh tomatoes or onions on hand this morning.). It is a dish I make often when Jason and Connor are eating bacon and eggs for breakfast, or when I am only cooking for myself.
Laura's BLT Fries
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 small (or 1 large) potato
1 teaspoon minced onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
shredded mozzarella cheese (as much or as little as you like, to cover the potatoes
2 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
green onion, chopped
(I wrote this recipe out as if I were just cooking for myself, but it is very simple to make this for more people.)
1) Pour olive oil into skillet and heat pan.
2) Dice potatoes and place in pan. I typically cook them for around 10 minutes on medium/medium low heat, until they are golden brown and soft to the touch.
3) Once the potatoes seem mostly cooked, turn down the heat to low, add the onion, paprika, and garlic, and cover the potatoes. Cook for another 5-10 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
4) Uncover your potatoes, sprinkle them with the diced green onion, crumbled bacon, and mozzarella cheese.
5) Dump the contents of the skillet onto your plate, add sour cream (if you love it like I do), and you are ready to eat a hearty, filling, even if it's not totally healthy breakfast.
Happy eating! Have a blessed weekend!