Friday, February 15, 2013

38 Weeks

How far along? 38weeks, 3 days

How big is baby?  approximately 7 lbs., according to my What to Expect app.

Total weight gain/loss: +2 lbs. in the last week; +15  lbs. total


Maternity clothes? Most all of the time, except for dresses.

Stretch marks: Yes.

Sleep: Up several times during the night.

Best moment this week: The wonderful, sweet, small "sprinkles" put together by both my mom and sis on Sat., and another "sprinkle" for three of us teachers who are all having girls on Tuesday.  You can see lots of photos from last Saturday here, and I have some photos from Tuesday at the bottom of this post. 

Movement:  Lots of movement this week.

Food cravings: I still want sweets and fruit right now, but I still feel full most of the day.

Food Aversions: Spaghetti

Gender: girl

Labor Signs: I am still 2 cm. dilated, 80% effaced (which is a bit more than last week), and there are off and on contractions.

Symptoms: lack of sleeping, discomfort in general, bizarre dreams (I keep dreaming we are having a boy!)

Belly Button in or out? It is pretty much even now.

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, sleeping well

What I am looking forward to: We've been given some adorable outfits and accessories, and I can't wait to put them on our sweet girl! :)  (Although I keep dreaming that she's a boy....) 

Upcoming appointments/events: In the event that I don't go into labor on my own, we have set a date with Dr. Crosslin for inducing me, which I'll share soon.  :)  So excited!

Weekly Wisdom: My wisdom this week is to spend as much time with Connor in his last little bit of time as an only child.  I know things are about to change drastically, and I don't want to miss a single second with him.


Since Connor was born at 37 weeks, I don't have a comparison photo, but here's what I'm looking like at 38 weeks:

DSC_0447


Here are a few photos from our joint "sprinkle" for Davene, Michelle, and me this week at school.  Thanks to all of our fellow teachers for such an outpouring of support and love.

DSC_0404

DSC_0409

DSC_0406

DSC_0438




No comments: