Friday, February 8, 2013

37 Weeks

How far along?  37 weeks, 3 days

How big is baby? approximately 6 1/2 lbs.

Total weight gain/loss:   +0 lb. in the last week; +13  lbs. total

Maternity clothes?  Most all of the time.

Stretch marks: Yes. Blah.

Sleep: Up several times during the night.

Best moment this week: I thought I was headed to a PLC at the middle school, but little did either Jason or I know that his wonderful ELA colleagues had put together a surprise baby shower for us, complete with lots of delicious food, drinks, decorations, and gifts.  I was completely taken aback and so thankful.  They are amazing ladies!  (I have some photos from the shower at the bottom of the post.)

Movement:  I can tell she is getting cramped, but she still manages to kick and jab quite a bit. :)

Food cravings: sweets, but other than that I don't feel like eating a whole lot.  I feel pretty full most of the time.

Food Aversions: Spaghetti

Gender: girl

Labor Signs: According to Dr. Crosslin, I am 2 cm. dilated, so at least there has been progress since last week.

Symptoms: general discomfort, feeling "big", and trouble sleeping

Belly Button in or out? It is veering toward an outie, which is a first for me...that never happened with Connor.

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach

What I am looking forward to: finally meeting this girl!  :)

Upcoming appointments/events:  Our next appt. is on Valentine's Day, so hopefully even more progress by then.

Weekly Wisdom: I'm just reminded again this week how thankful I am for the people in our lives.


37 week photo (Connor was born at exactly 37 weeks, so there aren't any more photos to compare to.):


Here are some photos that Jennifer and Joy took from the surprise shower on Thursday. (Thanks again, ladies!)







No comments: