Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2 Year Photos by Candice Robertson

I had a very hard time typing the above title.  In just over a month, our "baby" will be two years old.  This, while a fact, is nearly incomprehensible.  I have no idea how two years of this little boy's life have flown by so quickly. 

Yesterday afternoon, our favorite photographer, Candice Robertson, met with us in a field with a big, yellow barn, and took some of the most precious pictures of Connor.  He was a little leery of the camera at first, but he soon warmed up to it and especially to Candice.  It was such a fun afternoon, and while I can't believe it, she handed me a cd full of photos to take home this afternoon, less than 24 hours after the photo shoot.

Candice is simply one of the most talented and creative women (along with her fellow photographer and our friend, Davene, who has also taken some fabulous photos of our family) on the planet.  She has taken photos of Connor for every major milestone in his life, from newborn photos until now.  I am eternally grateful for her ability to capture the spirit of my boy in a photograph.  I know that even when he is grown I will have the memories of these photos to carry with me.  Candice is not only extremely talented at photography, but she is also one of the kindest people I've encountered, and I am blessed to call her one of my dear friends.  She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside, and I can never thank her enough for capturing these moments for us. 




























No photoshoot, however, would be complete without at least one outtake.  My husband, while very handsome, is not always the most photogenic.  See below for one of the priceless moments she caught on camera.



Thank you, Candice, for a fun afternoon and some amazing photos!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these photos!!!

His red and white striped outfit is adorable! I can't believe he is already 2! Time flies!

Ali said...

She did do a really awesome job! I love inspiration from other photographers :)

Laura Ashley said...

Jacob -- That is one of my favorite outfits on him! :)

Ali -- Thank you! I love seeing inspiring photos, too, especially when it's my own little boy! :)