Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Girl Time

Last night, one of my best (and oldest) friends in all the world invited Lindsay (the other bestie), Lindsay (the sister), and me for dinner and some girl time (with Lindsay's adorable two boys joining us for the evening).

It is nights like this that remind me just how important real friendship is in my life.  I do not make enough time for time with women who encourage, uplift, and just make me smile, and these ladies did just that last night.  I think that a huge part of the Christian walk is about fellowship and sharing together, and just spending a few hours with ladies I love uplifted me immensely.

Elizabeth's home is welcoming and beautiful, and she fed us with a delicious meal of pasta, Caesar salad, Caprese salad (one of my favorite dishes ever), and French bread.



We all got second helpings (sorry to tattle) before Elizabeth pulled out the big surprise...homemade creme brulee.  It was to.die.for. 




After dinner, we sat and talked in my favorite room in Elizabeth's house (I am contemplating moving in.), and despite a long day, I was hesitant to go home, because nights like that are so rare and wonderful that I worry they won't happen again.



Thank you, Elizabeth, for a wonderful dinner and even better company, and to Lindsay and Lindsay (and Gavin and Finley) for making my week tremendously better with your presence.

And a final disclaimer to any girlfriends of mine:  if I don't invite you to do something often enough, text, call, or email me.  I need you all in my life, and I realize that now.

No comments: