Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Favorite Handmade Shops

It has been a very long time, too long, since I've done any fashion or clothing-related posts, and it's most likely been because I haven't done much shopping (except for a few maternity pieces) as of late.  Jason and I have really been focusing on cutting down on our "blow" money and wasted money in general (Hence the fact that I am SO proud that I have only gotten lunch from the cafeteria one time this year, and instead have brought leftovers or a sandwich from home.), so I haven't paid as much attention to fashion and trends for the late summer and fall as I normally would.

However, even if I can't buy anything, it's still fun to peruse and get ideas for how to style the items I already have, and I am also eager to begin holiday shopping, so I'm looking for fun things for family and friends.

Some of my favorite items, many of which I have never actually bought but only looked at, have come from Etsy, or from suggestions from other bloggers as to the handmade shops they love.  So I thought I'd put together a sampling of handmade stores/items that I love.


Blogger Lee La La had a giveaway for a bracelet from Rustik Chic (Yes, it is purposely misspelled.), and I fell in love with their upcycled bracelets, many of which are made from reused leather belts, lace, and vintage buttons.  I think they would make a great statement piece for a simple jeans and t-shirt.





One of my favorite handmade shops is run by Lindsey, otherwise known as The Pleated Poppy.  I first ordered my Kindle cover from her (which I LOVE), and then later ordered a messenger bag to use as Connor's diaper bag, and I only adored her work even more.  The bag is gorgeous, washable, and comfortable to carry, and can be worn across my body or just over the shoulder, and the strap is long enough to go over the handles of the big stroller with ease.  Check out all of her adorable items, including the bloom belts and her ruffle scarves!



I LOVE this one!  It would be perfect with Laker gear for a red, white, and blue day, or just with a white tee and jeans.  Swoon!

I am a sucker for cute hair accessories, even though I don't wear them as adorably as most people I see and wish to emulate, but of all the hair accessories in the handmade world, my favorite are hands-down from Whippy Cake.  The designer has the best hair, the cutest style, and seems like one of those bloggers you would love to meet, and her designs are exquisite.  She even makes headbands for babies!  :)






I have never ordered anything from her, but Lisa Leonard's jewelry line is beautiful and meaningful, and I have seen lots of other ladies wear her pieces beautifully.  Her pieces seem to be ones that would never go out of style, and something that could be dressed up or down.


These are just a few of my favorite handmade and Etsy shops.  I wish I had more time to spend to compile more, but laundry is calling my name.  What are some of your favorites?  I love to find new places to peruse while wasting time online.  :)

No comments: