Thursday, August 30, 2012

14 Weeks

When I was pregnant with Connor, I didn't have this little blog space, so the only way I had to record my experience (which I should have written down in more detail, although I did go back and write Connor's birth story here) was through Facebook and MySpace (Yes, I did still have a MySpace account three years ago.).

This time around I wanted to document more thoroughly what I remember from various points in the pregnancy.  While I probably will not post every single week (at least not until much closer to the end), I found inspiration from several other mom and pregnant bloggers to fill out this survey at least once a month to help me remember how I was feeling during this time, because, as with Connor, I am sure it will all be a blur once he/she arrives.

I pieced the questions together from difference questionnaires I'd seen online, and here is what I am experiencing and feeling so far:  :)


How far along?  14 weeks, 2 days

How big is baby?   size of a lemon  :)

Total weight gain/loss:  +3 pounds so far

Maternity clothes?  I am still wearing my regular clothes, but with pants I have to use the rubber band through the button hole and around the button trick.  Fun times.

Stretch marks:  Just the stretch marks I already had from Connor and weight gain/loss over the years.

Sleep:  I definitely wake up at least once in the night, if not more, and sometimes it takes 1/2 an hour to an hour to fall back asleep.

Best moment this week: At our appointment yesterday we heard the heartbeat (again), and that is always the most wonderful, relieving sound to this mom's ears.

Movement:  I feel little bubbles of movement at times, but nothing significant yet.

Food cravings:  Hawaiian shaved ice (still craving it after having it last week), anything bland or with lots of bread or cheese involved

Food Aversions:  Meat is still not particularly appealing to me, especially pork for some reason.

Gender:   ?  

Labor Signs:  None at all, thankfully.

Symptoms:  Nausea (if I get too hungry), exhaustion (or maybe this is just from the start of school), and some trouble sleeping

Belly Button in or out? In 

What I miss:  Exercise, but this is not because of pregnancy, but because I have been too busy to go lately.  I need to get back in a good routine!

What I am looking forward to:  Hopefully finding out the sex of baby #2 at our next appointment!

Upcoming appointments/events:  The anatomy scan (and hopefully gender reveal) are on September 27th (which also happens to be the day before Connor's third birthday)

Weekly Wisdom:  Carpe diem --  I am remembered to seize every day I have with Connor before baby #2 arrives...he is growing up too fast.



14 weeks
(I don't have a comparison picture from when I was pregnant with Connor, because I wasn't even showing at that point in my pregnancy with him.)  What a difference three years and a lack of ab muscles makes.  :(

No comments: