Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cold Weather Fashion Wishlist

In my spare time, these are a few of the things I have been admiring for the upcoming colder temperatures (allthough I am starting to wonder if it will stay cold -- it is mid-November and the high today is 63):

Source: etsy.com via Laura on Pinterest


I love chevron prints, and especially the print and color on this bold bag from Etsy.






A fellow blogger raved about La Mer watches, so I checked out their website, and I fell in love. These watches are fun and funky but still classy.  I especially love the wrap element.  The two above (in tobacco and plum) are my favorites, but there are tons more options.


 
Source: lulus.com via Laura on Pinterest

 winter leggings from Lulu's -- fun, festive, and warm



Source: etsy.com via Laura on Pinterest

tall socks with boots (These are from Etsy) -- I am not certain if I am young or trendy enough to pull this look off, but it is too cute!




Source: loft.com via Laura on Pinterest


I love the idea of a blazer out of sweater material: comfortable yet structured.  This one is from Ann Taylor LOFT.

Source: gap.com via Laura on Pinterest


I am one of those strange people who loves colored pants, and this bright green pair from Gap is right up my alley.



There is something very appealing about a long, thick cardigan in the winter, especially with skinny jeans and boots.  This one from Old Navy is cute and reasonably priced.


Source: etsy.com via Laura on Pinterest


It is no secret that I love a good hair accessory, and although I rarely purchase any of them, I find myself looking at them often.  This one from Love Stitched (Etsy shop) is one of my favorites.  I love the color and the lace.






I love the products from Gussy Sews, one of my favorite blogs/shops. She also makes the cutest Kindle covers.















Another favorite hair accessory handmade line I love is Whippycake.  I love that this be clipped in or put on a headband.

Source: gap.com via Laura on Pinterest


One item I do not have in my wardrobe is an infinity scarf.  I like the versatile color and the texture of this one from Gap.


I love the hourglass look of a wrap sweater.




Lace can be a difficult trend.  It can sometimes look too bridal, and with too much black lace, it can get a little hoochie.  But as a girly-girl, I love a touch of lace, and I think this Ann Taylor shirt has just the right amount to make it romantic and classic.


These last two looks are pieces I love if there were no budget, no mortgage, or for those of you with a more limitless supply of cash than I possess.  These just happen to be two of, in my opinion, the cutest dresses on the planet.


Lace and tulle, two of my favorite things.  I think this dress would awaken my unfulfilled childhood desire of being a ballerina.  It is just so pretty, feminine, and the best part, it's even modest!  I love it with the mustard tights, too.  Too bad it's from Anthropologie, and not on sale.  Boo.




And this last one may just be my favorite.  This dress is from a boutique in Arkansas called Riffraff.  I found them via Facebook, and they have some of the most unique, whimsical, and adorable clothes I've ever seen.  This dress, though, tops them all.  I love the fact that on top it just looks like a casual sweaterdress, but the bottom is all sparkle and ruffles.  It would be perfect with tights and heels, but just as adorable with leggings or skinny jeans and some cute flats.  I could think of a million ways to wear it, if only it were cheaper.  :)  I think it's the perfect balance of comfortable and fun, and as my mom knows well, this girl cannot resist a sparkle.  :)

I'd love to know what cold-weather looks you are loving right now, especially if they are budget-friendly.  :)  Happy winter window shopping! 

2 comments:

CN said...

Such pretty things! I especially love the tights and boot socks. :)

LCM said...

I love that wrap sweater! Too bad it's sold out. :(