Several years ago my mom came across a recipe for homemade cinnamon rolls, but with a twist. I am not sure where she obtained this recipe, but they are my favorite cinnamon rolls ever and I am about to share the recipe with you. (Warning: These cinnamon rolls are VERY rich, sugary, and buttery...all of which makes them delicious, but if you are counting calories, they probably aren't the breakfast for you. But hey, I think we all need a treat every now and then, right?)
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
1 can crescent rolls (I used reduced fat.)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
8 large marshmallows
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
3. Melt butter in a small bowl and place next to the bowl of cinnamon/sugar.
4. Dip each marshmallow in butter.
5. Roll each marshmallow in the cinnamon/sugar mixture, coating it well.
6. Place coated marshmallow on one of the crescent rolls, rolling it up and pinching it into a ball.
7. Repeat with the remainder of the marshmallows.
8. Place rolls in a greased muffin tin or other baking dish.
9. Mix the remaining butter and cinnamon/sugar together, making a "sauce." Pour this mixture over the tops of the rolls.
10. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
11. Enjoy! :)
This is also an easy dish to double if you are serving several people, and the leftovers are even great the next day!
Step by Step Photos
|Ingredients: marshmallows, butter, cinnamon/sugar, crescent rolls|
|dip marshmallows in melted butter|
|coat with cinnamon/sugar mixture|
|wrap crescent roll around coated marshmallow|
|all 8 rolls, wrapped and ready for cinnamon/sugar/butter topping|
|ready to bake|
|coming out of the oven|
|ready to devour|