Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Absent

I have been a bit absent from the blogging world for the past week or so...but I have a good reason.

Jason, Connor, and I, along with both our families (my parents, his parents, both our siblings, my Gran, Gma and Gpa Egnew), as well as some church and local friends and acquaintances, were on the trip of a lifetime.  We started in Louisville (LONG airport story to post soon), headed to Seattle where we boarded a beautiful boat for Ketchikan, Tracy Arm, Juneau, Skagway, and Victoria, British Columbia.

There are way too many photos, stories, and memories for one post, so I'll probably space it out over several, but as Jason is still on his way home (another story) and he has the camera, I suppose the best I can do for now is steal my favorite picture that my sis took to give you a little preview of what is to come.


Tracy Arm Fjord
 This was easily the most breathtaking vacation I have ever taken. While it was certainly not the typical beach-lounging summer vacation, I feel blessed to have seen the beauty of God's creation, untouched, it in many places, by human hands.  It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I am so thankful for our families for helping to make it possible.  Jason, Connor, and I shared a very special vacation with some of our favorite people, and I cannot wait to share the photos and stories with you.

1 comment:

pamjwilson said...

so excited to read of all your adventures & wonderful meals! gorgeous pic! glad you're all safely home!