Friday, June 21, 2013

London's Dedication

As mentioned a few posts back, toward the end of the school year, heading back from maternity leave and adjusting to life as a family of four got the best of me, and I didn't write for about a month.

One of the most important things I failed to post about was London's dedication at our church.  However, since I pray that our faith is the defining factor of our lives, how we raise our children, how we love others, I couldn't skip over this event.

However, it seems as though I cannot express in words how I felt about this day.  It was the same with Connor's dedication.  There is something so sacred, and also something I can only describe as terrifying, about standing in front of our family, church family, and friends, and pledging publicly to raise our children in a faith-filled home.

Parenting is a huge responsibility, and I know that I fail miserably multiple times per day.  I am not always the best example of how to correct, love, forgive, and everything else I should do to ensure the character development of these little lives in my care.

However, as we stood there, I also felt as though I wasn't alone.  I have Jason, my family, his family, our church family, especially our pastor whom we love (and who was one of the first people to meet London at the hospital and prayed with us all in her first hours of life), and our friends.

Connor and London have the examples of many people to look up to, even when I fall short.  Looking back at the photos from that day brings tears to my eyes; there is something so special about both London's and Connor's dedications, moments that I will never forget.


London's Dedication

London's Dedication

London's Dedication

London's Dedication

London's Dedication


*Big thank you to Macey for taking these photos for us!

No comments: