Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nine Years

Nine years ago today, I married the most handsome man in the world and my very best friend.



Despite a ring bearer I couldn't get to stop crying (He is such a sweetie that he was crying because he saw me crying;my tears were from happiness, though.), there were no major mishaps, and it was truly one of the happiest days of my life.



We were so young and naive about the true work that would go into marriage (and now parenthood), but I couldn't have chosen a better partner.  Every ounce of energy we put into our marriage and our family is completely worth it.  I have learned so much about true love, not just romance and butterflies, over the past nine years, through some of the happiest, saddest, most triumphant, and most difficult days of our lives. Watching Jason become a father only solidified that God knew what he was doing when He put us in each other's path.  I can't imagine doing this thing called life with anyone else.



Thank you, Jason Scott, for being my best friend and half of this team for the last nine years.  Thank you for listening and remembering the little things that are important to me.  Thank you for being romantic; I know it takes work, but it does not go unnoticed.  Thank you for being the spiritual leader in our home.  Thank you for being the best dad; I love the way you interact with our sweet boy.




Happy anniversary; I love you.

from the night we got engaged...I was so young and skinny...and I needed a hair makeover.  :)

No comments: