Saturday, April 30, 2011

Favorite Fashion Finds

As some of you may know, my dream job, besides being an English teacher, which I am blessed to already be doing, would be to moonlight as Stacy London from What Not to Wear


First of all, I would love the wardrobe (and I would take her body and hair, too, while I'm at it).  However, I would also love the idea of helping someone else choose clothes without spending any of my own money.  I don't know how good I would actually be at putting all the elements together, but it would certainly be fun trying.

In that same vein, I often come across items I love, as does my sis, and we email each other back and forth with clothes or shoes that we have found and love, but probably will never buy.  So when I started this blog, I thought I might, every now and then, devote a space for some of those items.  Maybe someone out there will have the extra cash to splurge on something you see...or maybe you'll decide my taste is terrible.  :)  Either way, here are a few fashions I love right now.


I love the girly nature of these leopard and pink flats.  I don't wear flats a lot to school, but I would definitely wear these.  You can find them here.

I might be the only person who loves these sparkly flats, but I think they are perfect if you, like me, work at RCHS and want to support the Lakers.  Or maybe if you just like a touch of nautical attire. They are the perfect color (They come in navy, too.) and the sparkly anchor adds an extra Laker touch.  You can find these shoes here


I love dresses, especially because pants are so much harder to find the perfect fit, for my body type anyway.  This dress, from Kohl's, is one of my favorites for the summer.  It is romantic and still modest, and I love the rosette.

Also from Kohl's, I LOVE these cropped jeans.  I think they are more flattering than traditional denim capri pants, and I love the dark wash.  They are also at a very reasonable price, as certain brands of denim are SO expensive.  You can find them here.
I love ruffles, and I think this dress would be perfect for spring/summer, with a cardigan now, and bare when it gets warmer.  The best part is that it's from Walmart and is only $15!  (It also comes in 3 other colors.) You can find it here.

Those are my favorite items of late.  I hope at least one of you out there appreciates, as my mom calls it, my "gaudy" style.  :)   And in case anyone is wondering, I wear a size 8 shoe.  ;)

No comments: