Tuesday, November 20, 2012

26 Weeks

How far along?  26 weeks,  0 days

How big is baby?   approximately 2 lbs.

Total weight gain/loss:  +3 lbs. this month;  +10 lbs. total

Maternity clothes?  I can still wear regular dresses and shirts, but definitely not pants, and even some tops are getting too short these days.  All of my maternity clothes last time around were spring/summer, so I am trying to get by with lots of cardigans over my short-sleeved maternity items.  I really don't want to buy any more maternity clothes, especially with, at the most, 14 weeks left.

Stretch marks:  I did find two new, red marks on my lower stomach this morning.  :(  This is much early than with Connor.


Sleep: For a couple of weeks I was waking up with terrible leg cramps, but that has subsided (for the moment) and I am actually sleeping fairly well.

Best moment this week:  Mom, Linds, Gran, and I just got back from a girls' weekend in Florida, and I was so relaxed.  It was wonderful.  I didn't feel that typical tightness in my stomach and soreness in my joints that I have been feeling at the end of the day, so it was definitely a relief to have no stressors of school, housework, etc... for a few days.

Movement:  Lots of movement: kicking, stretching, and other gymnastics.

Food cravings:  Anything with cheese or bread, tomato soup, grilled cheese, Grippo's barbecue chips, sweets (still)

Food Aversions:  I still can't deal with spaghetti after a first-trimester negative experience, and Chinese food, which I normally love, makes me feel a bit queasy right now.  Besides that, food is my friend.

Gender:   girl

Labor Signs:  None.

Symptoms:  I feel pretty good, except that my skin is still a mess.
Belly Button in or out? In 

What I miss:  clear skin, having the energy and flexibility to roll around on the floor with Connor as much as I could before

What I am looking forward to:  Hopefully beginning to paint/decorate/organize the nursery soon; the fact that I weighed today so now I can enjoy Thanksgiving goodies guilt-free (until I go again in 2 weeks).  :)

Upcoming appointments/events:  Thanksgiving (lots of food, trips to see family in Louisville and Cincinnati), Black Friday shopping, especially the Gap Outlet

Weekly Wisdom:  In all things be content.  I am trying not to rush this pregnancy along, but yet I am anxious to meet our new addition.  At the same time, I don't want to lose any time with Connor, and I know things will change once he has a sibling.  I am trying to remind myself not to get too far ahead in my thinking, and instead to just enjoy each day as it comes, to cherish every small moment between now and Feburary, and then to embrace our new life with as little anxiety as possible.  We will adjust, and I don't need to dwell on how that will happen or stress about it.

Here is this week's photo comparison:


No comments: