Tuesday, July 10, 2012

29

Today I turn 29.  I'm not sure when I turned around and became an adult, with a husband, a son, a career, a house, and all those other "adult" responsibilities, but here I am.  And as I look around, there is no place I'd rather be.

my first birthday (I'm on the far left)


Some days it feels as though I have been an adult forever (probably because I'm pretty boring).




Some days, though, I still feel like the middle school me, walking around the track with my friends, listening to a portable DVD player, singing Spice Girls, and drooling over Leonardo DiCaprio in Romeo and Juliet (Well, I still kind of do the last one.).

(not my most attractive phase, let's be honest)



I could never have imagined that I would be as blessed as I am today, and yet there is something a little sad about 29.  It seems to be the last birthday people happily and openly celebrate, and I like birthdays.  So maybe I can just be 29 again next year.  :)

90's fashion at its finest right here


For today, I'll be enjoying time with family and hopefully eating a delicious cupcake or maybe two (if my mom comes through for me).  :)

last year's birthday

So long 28; hello 29.  Bring it on.

No comments: