Monday, January 20, 2014

Eleven Months

Today our London Elise is eleven months old.  In one month we will be celebrating her first birthday with a vintage carnival/carousel horse themed party, in honor of her nursery theme, which also happens to be my favorite room in the house.  We will celebrate this little life, this bundle of happiness, whose nose scrunches up every time she smiles.



 She is just as sweet and happy as every other month that I have written about her.  However, a few things have changed.  Between ten and eleven months, London gained her other top middle tooth, as well as the two on each side of her top middle teeth, giving her 6 total.  She is currently working on at least two more top teeth, and I feel two more bottom teeth starting to come through as well.  Connor always got two teeth at a time, like clockwork, but London only had two teeth until 9 months of age, and all of a sudden she is getting 4 at a time.  She is still happy while teething, but I haven't seen this much snot in quite a while, and she hates to see me coming with a tissue.


London also this month took her first unassisted step.  Just this morning she took two more, which is bittersweet.  I love seeing her grow and learn, but part of me wants to keep her little forever, because now I see how quickly Connor has grown, and I can never get that time back.  I need to get a video of her new moves, but I never have my phone around at the right time to capture it.


London Elise has always been a verbal baby, but she is using more and more words this month.  She now really seems to know who she is talking about when she says "Mama" and "Dada."  She has also begun to say "Night night" when it's bedtime or nap time, "Ba ba" for bottle, and "Mmmm" when she leans in for a kiss (usually an open-mouthed, slobbery one).  Connor is still working on getting her to say "Bubba" or "Connor," and is rather frustrated that it hasn't caught on yet.   :)


I am so thankful for the sunshine this girl brings.



Here she is, side by side at 10 and 11 months:



And this is Connor and London, both at 11 months:



Happy eleven months, sweet London Elise!

No comments: