Saturday, September 28, 2013

Four

Four years ago today, at 2:22 EDT in Louisville, KY (not our planned birth location), Connor Alexander was born, weighing 6 pounds, 2 ounces.  His has huge eyes, dark hair, and didn't cry.  He just stared at me, and it immediately felt as though he had been mine forever.  You can read his whole birth story here.


Untitled
one day old (photo by Lindsay Williams)


I cannot believe that four years have passed.  He is still pretty small for his she; he still has those big, beautiful eyes, and he still has my heart.

Untitled
1st birthday
Untitled
2nd birthday
Untitled
3rd birthday
Untitled
4th birthday, with his giraffe (Jason's gift to him on the day he was born)

Connor is kind-hearted, articulate, a goofball, thoughtful, and mischievous.  He loves superheroes, Scooby Doo, and soccer (although he is never aggressive or competitive in the games, much to his father's chagrin.  His favorite foods are strawberries and McDonald's chocolate chip cookies.  He loves to read, and his current favorites are Hats off to Lyle (a Veggie Tales book) and Make Way for Ducklings.

My favorite sound is when I hear him say, "You're the best momma ever."

I am so thankful we have been blessed with Connor for these past four years.  I learned about love like never before, and I discovered parts of myself I never knew existed.

Happy 4th birthday, Connor Alexander!

Untitled

Hope to post pictures from his superhero party soon!  :)

No comments: