Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bedtime Stories

One of my favorite parts, among many, of being a mom is reading Connor bedtime stories.  He loves books, and every night he holds up both hands and says, "Can we read this many books, Momma?"  We usually settle on between 3-5 books instead of 10, and by the time I am reading the last story, his eyes are heavy.

My favorite book to read to him is one his Aunt Lindsay got him, Where the Wild Things Are.  This is why:



Every single time, without fail, when we get to the part where Max is lonely and wants to be where someone loves him, Connor always responds with, "his mommy."

I tear up each time, knowing that he correlates those feelings of love and security with a mother, hopefully his own mommy.  The smile he gives me as I read that page is priceless.  These are the moments I live for.

No comments: