Tuesday, March 12, 2013

First Bath

Late last week, London's umbilical cord came off, which meant that she could get her first "real" bath.  With Connor, we bathed him for a long time in a small, plastic tub that we put in the sink.  However, this time around, the night before I was induced with London, we watched a series of videos from a company called Moms on Call (Thank you, Erin, for introducing them to me...I am so grateful!), which suggested a different method of bathing baby, involving submerging her in a large tub, letting her arms and legs float, and holding her head.

I was a little bit apprehensive about trying this new (to me) method, because Connor always loved taking a bath and his little tub was just fine, but I thought if we were going to do the Moms on Call method, we should try it all, and so we did.

Here are a few photos from London Elise's first bath:


First Bath

First Bath

First Bath

First Bath

First Bath

First Bath

First Bath

After all of my reservations, she actually loved the bath.  She spent the whole time looking around, wide-eyed, and only cried once she got a little chilly as we were taking her out.

Even though I've experienced all these newborn moments before, I now realize just how fleeting they are, so I am trying my best to savor all the tiny moments, bathing her, smelling her newborn head, every sleepless moment spent feeding or changing her.  I blinked and Connor was 3 1/2.  I know the same will happen with London, so now my goal is to enjoy each moment with both of them, knowing that I won't have them this way forever.

4 comments:

Tracy Simmons said...

So sweet.

Tracy Simmons said...

So sweet.

Unknown said...

She is SO precious!!! I can't wait to see her. I have noticed that she has Connor's eyes. :)

Jess said...

She's so sweet- I`m sure you will cherish those memories (and these photos) forever!

Some Snapshots Blog
Jess