Friday, March 30, 2012

Take a Dip

I know it's only March, but since there was no snow in our area this year, I am ready to look ahead to summer break, and especially our family trip (my parents, Jason's parents, both of our siblings, and Connor) to Savannah/Tybee Island.

On that note, I have been spending too much time perusing swimsuit options online, so I thought I'd put together some of my favorite looks.  My dilemma is always finding a swimsuit that is both flattering and modest.  As a curvy gal, it can be difficult to find something that holds everything in and is comfortable, because although I could lay on the beach for hours with a book, I love just as much to splash in the waves/pool.

Some of the swimsuits you will see are outside my budget, but I am pretending in this blog that everything is 75%.  :)  Plus, sometimes it's just hard to find a cheap swimsuit with good support.

Here are some of the cutest swimsuits I've seen so far:

Anthropologie Patchwork Swimsuit
Love the colors, dots, and patchwork elements of this suit.  Above my budget, but remember, in my head, it's on sale. :)

Anthropologie Sky & Sand Swimsuit
I am not typically a two-piece wearing gal, but I think the high waist of these bottoms provide coverage, and the top goes straight across and has ruffles, which eliminates a lot of cleavage, and the fact that it looks so retro makes it even more appealing.

Old Navy Sweetheart Swimsuit
I love the ruffle and the sweetheart neckline, and the price is great!

Miraclesuit One-Shoulder
I am such a sucker for anything one-shouldered.  I also love the ruched stomach area.


Ruffle tankini from Etsy
Cute ruffles, adorable peacock bow...how could that not be precious?
J Crew one shoulder
Again with a one-shoulder suit...I especially love the bright red.


J Crew Anchors Aweigh skirted tank
Love the retro look and the little anchors.

Janzten Swimdress
My old swimsuit was much like this, but without the pin dots.  I like the sweetheart neckline, the skirted bottom, and that it would emphasis an hourglass figure.


Badgley Mischka one-shoulder bejewled tank
I especially love the bejeweled waistline of this one-piece. It is simple with that one focal point.  I think this one is my second favorite of them all.


J Crew off-the-shoulder tank
I saved the best for last...I absolutely love this color, the ruching (which would hide lots of my flaws), and the perfect draping on top.  Of all the swimsuits I've seen, this is my favorite.  Swoon.


I'd love to know your favorite places to buy swimsuits and what your favorite pieces are for this summer!  One thing I haven't looked at yet are coverups, so I'd love some advice on those as well!

1 comment:

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Love this post! I'm new here, and I just adore your blog! I'm off to stalk the rest of your site... Have a wonderful weekend, sugar! xo