Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What We Wore -- Pumpkin Picking

I am one of those girls who loves certain looks on other people, "pins" them on Pinterest to try, and then feels like a goofball and changes clothes.  One of the most common fall looks I love is layering, but it is also one of those fashion skills I don't feel proficient at executing.

I would love to be one of those tall, slender women who can throw on a button-up, followed by a huge cable-knit sweater/tunic, belt, leggings, and riding boots, but I end up looking more Michelin woman than chic.  Therefore, I always feel bulky in layers.

However, with fall weather this weekend on our visit to Louisville, I was forced to layer up.  Here is what I came up with (along with an adorable outfit Connor wore to pick pumpkins):




On Laura: dress, H&M ($12.50); cardigan, Maurice's, had since high school ($14.99); leggings, Target ($9.99); belt, The Limited ($14.99); flats, QVC Store in Somerset ($9.99); earrings, local glass worker (gift); bracelet, Kohl's (gift); sunglasses, Jessica Simpson (gift)



On Connor:  jacket in first photo, Old Navy ($7.99); white button-up, consigned ($1.99); jeans, Gap Outlet ($3.99); shoes, Sperry (gift); sunglasses, Gymboree ($4.99)


On Jason:  shirt, Urban Outfitters (gift); jeans, Urban Outfitters ($34.99); shoes, Toms (gift)


Any tips on how I can layer this fall/winter without feeling bulky?




I will be linking up this week with these lovely bloggers:

pleated poppyMomma Go Round








7 comments:

lori said...

i love your outfit! ive got to find my way to a h&m sometime soon... i see always see people post the cutest things from there! and how cute is connor's little blazer?! and for 7.99, such a good deal.

as for layering, i have the same problem!! especially since i have an apple body shape. try belting the under shirt (like you did with the dress) so that your waist shows. you look great!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

so cute! love your outfit!! and your little guy is just darling. Love his outfit...can't believe that blazer was so cheap! that's awesome!

great blog...stopping by from pleated poppy!

Cami
www.allthingslovelyblog.com

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Perfect fall photos!

Steph

sewshesews said...

you look lovely! and what a cute little guy!

Alisha said...

I love that you can get your husband to pose in pictures with you. Unless we're taking engagement pictures, wedding pictures or something that's "important" Brandon won't pose for just-for-fun pictures.

Your family is adorable!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Such a cute little fam! I am so excited to go pumpkin picking with my boys hopefully soon.

Mary and Dyer said...

I totally know what you mean about trying to recreate looks (especially from Pinterest). I never look quite as cute!!

You look adorable here though.. love the red on you! And your little man couldn't be any cuter! Love the jacket in the first pic! xox

I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to visit my blog & follow back if you'd like.

Also, check out my giveaway for a Missoni for Target hat! :)

Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com