Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What We Wore

Most of you who know me already know that I love all things fashion, especially pretty, girly things (My mom calls me "gaudy"...hmmph!), but that I also love a great bargain.  My mom spent many years letting me shop along with her at Black Friday sales, Goodwill stores, and our favorite, the Gap Outlet in Florence, and I have picked up many tips and tricks.  I have used these skills to save money while still finding my own style, and this technique has carried over tremendously into Connor's wardrobe.  I can probably count on one hand the number of things I have ever paid full price for in his wardrobe.

Since this blog is really just an extension of my life, I thought I might try my hand at some fashion posting.  Not my typical wishlist/seasonal favorites (which I still love to do), but actual photos of what we (Jason/Connor/me, or any combination that happens to work that week) wore in a weekly post.

This may totally flop (I am not necessarily photogenic, all of you may have absolutely no interest in what we wear, or you may think my style is less than stellar), but I thought it would be a fun adventure, and something I have been wanting to try for a while.  So, without further delay, our first "What We Wore" post (Please forgive the photos of me...I love photographing Connor and Jason, but Jason wasn't as big a fan of snapping pics of me.  I hope I'll have better ones next week.) :


Last Friday night, we attended our first Laker football game of the season.  Connor had a fantastic time playing with friends (I'll post lots more pics on Friday's Fact and Photos post.), and I even enjoyed the night, despite my apathy toward most sports.  It was homecoming, so there was an extra excitement in the air which made it fun.

On Connor: undershirt, Garanimals (thrifted, $1.99); grey polo (Mighty Acorns, $5); jeans (Target, gift); shoes, Toms (gift)


On Jason: striped tee, Urban Outfitters (gift); cardigan, Forever 21 ($24); jeans, Outkast from Urban Outfitters ($35); shoes, Toms (gift)


On Laura: tshirt, Brookish shop on Etsy (gift); cardigan, Forever 21 ($6.50); bracelet, Kohl's (gift); jeans, The Limited ($19.99); boots, Madden Girl (gift)


 I will be linking up my first ever What We Wore post with What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy, Real Mommy, Real Style with Mommy Go Round, and Small Style with Mama Loves Papa. 

Momma Go Roundpleated poppy






Whew, glad the first post is over...feel free to criticize (especially Jason for the lack of photos).  :)

9 comments:

CN said...

1. To Jason: Come on, man! Get with the program and take some pictures! I mean it! :)

2. Love your shirt!

Jacob said...

Loved this post!

The Duty's said...

super cute outfits!!! love them!! your little boy is so cute!!

xoxo
Jenna Duty

www.thedutyfamily.blogspot.com

erica @ expatriababy said...

So...lovelovelove the daddy-son matchy shoe situation. That is pretty pretty adorable.

ingrid said...

I love seeing what others are wearing especially bargain hunting shoppers with style! Great post.

Morgan said...

You all are SUCH a cute family! I love your style! Love your boys' Toms and your boots!

My husband doesn't always love taking pictures of me either...which is why I got a tripod! :)

Thanks so much for joining in with Small Style!!

lori said...

Hey, Laura Ashley! Your little boy is so presh! Love his little toms. I think we're partners for the favorite fall finds blog swap! Double check me (I'm viewing it on my iPhone) but that's what it looks like to me! If so, feel free to comment on my blog or email me at Lori.williams522@gmail.com and we can swap info!

Marisa said...

Love it! Fear not, Laura. This post was great. You guys looks awesome and props for all the great deals.

Laura Ashley said...

Thank you all so much for your encouragement! I may actually try another style post next week! :)